FBI Records & Channeling Services
Expedited Background Checks
Request a copy of your personal FBI report / background check from VetConnex. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to use this service.
Let’s get started, are you:
To use a Channeler, you must be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident.
The U.S. Department of Justice Order 556-73, also known as Departmental Order, establishes rules and regulations for you to obtain a copy of your Identity History Summary for review or proof that one does not exist.
- Only you may request a copy of your own Identity History Background Report (or proof that one does not exist).
- If the FBI report is to be sent to an attorney a release statement must be signed by both the applicant and attorney, on the attorney’s letterhead.
- The FBI background report/ record results cannot be sent outside of the United States.
- If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you must send your request directly to the FBI.
Would you like to see a copy of your FBI report?
As an FBI contracted Channeler, we can expedite a copy of your FBI report to you in as little as 24 hours. A Channeler is a private business that has a contract with the FBI to collect fingerprints and relevant data on individuals, collect state fees and electronically submit the file to the FBI. (Please note, it can take weeks or months to submit a request to the FBI for your record without a channeler).
Some reasons why individuals request a copy of their own FBI report:
- To challenge information on your record or make sure it is up to date
- For certain requirements such as adopting a child
- To meet a requirement to live, work, teach, or travel in a foreign country
- To see what shows up on your own FBI check
- Other court related matters
Applicants Privacy Rights
If you think your data has been compromised you have the right to notify the FBI directly.